Monday, June 8, 2015

Life, Babies and Back to Blogging!

I'M BACK! It's been a LONG couple years. Things got away from me, life got in the way and I stopped blogging. I'm making a conscious effort to start again. So, since I last posted a ton has happened. Ashley is now almost five!!! Five!!! Can you believe it? I certainly cannot. She is still such a spunky, happy little girl and brings so much joy to our lives. She loves princesses, dolls, dressing up and of course FROZEN! She will be starting kindergarten in the fall, which we are both not ready for. I'm going to miss my little partner in crime! Thank God we have the whole summer to prepare! In July 2014 we added two new members to our family, our twin boys, Adam and Collin! They are the best little boys anyone could ever ask for. They are a little over 10 months now and they amaze me every single day with how much they are learning, how quick they are growing, and what different little personalities they have. It's absolutely fascinating to witness and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be their mommy. Having them has absolutely been a roller coaster. So many times I have heard moms of twins say "the first six months are an absolute blur". I never really understood what that meant, but let me tell you, that statement is spot on. From the moment they were born we hit the ground running. They were born at 37 weeks and both needed some NICU time. Collin needed a little extra help so he stayed in a little longer. I had to leave the hospital with Adam while Collin stayed an extra two days. Walking out of the hospital without him was quite possibly one of the hardest things I've ever done, BUT, when we finally had both boys home the elation I felt was indescribable. Ashley was in preschool and with them being slightly premature, they started getting sick. In September (at 7 weeks) I had Collin in the hospital for a cold, he was fine and the hospital staff probably thought I was insane, but my philosophy was better safe than sorry.  December rolled around and I was so excited for the boys' first Christmas. We did so many fun Christmas activities; went on the Polar Express, visited Santa, went through the Ice Caverns (an adorable walk through attraction with decorated windows), went to a Frozen Ice Palace in a local mall. It was great and gearing up to be a great holiday. Unfortunately all my plans were dashed when on Christmas Eve Collin spiked a 102º temperature. Adam followed suit and they both ended up going to the hospital on Christmas day and were admitted for pneumonia. We spent the next week there and finally came home New Years Day. It was one of the most trying times in my life. Needless to say, it's been insane, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I stopped working when I had them because going to work while having two tiny babies, breastfeeding them, having a four year old to take care of and sleep at some point in between all that proved to be much too difficult. I do miss my job, but being a stay-at-home mom is by far the best job I've ever had and I really, really love it. We are finally getting into a routine (only took me 10 months LOL) but things are honestly getting easier and I feel much more accomplished during my days. I find that getting out, even for something simple like to the food store for milk, really helps me feel like I got at least SOMETHING accomplished. So here we are, just enjoying summer, enjoying the boys being a little older so they can participate in some fun summer activities, and enjoying life. I can't wait to continue documenting our lives and my thoughts so down the road I can look back on it all. I hope you join me for the ride!

My sweet girl announcing the arrival of her brothers!


They're here! Adam James and Collin Richard.


The three loves of my life <3



Our little family.


And then some pictures of us now!




Me and the hubby!



Ashley and her brothers! (Adam on the left Collin on the right)


Us!! <3<3



XOXO- Kelly











No comments:

Post a Comment